#Covid19Nigeria: Should States Reopen Churches Amidst The Pandemic?

You may select 1 option

 
 
View results

User Photo
#1 » by Sammy Rob (β145) » May 22nd, 2020, 5:17 pm
On March 29, 2020, President Muhammadu Buhari announced an initial 14-day lockdown in Lagos, Ogun states and the Federal Capital Territory in a bid to slow down the infection rate of COVID-19.

A couple of days later, the lockdown kicked in officially as regular major public gatherings ceased to take place including church and mosque services.

While the underlying notion for the lockdown was to ‘flatten the curve’, the disruption of church service and gatherings hasn’t gone down well with some influential Christian leaders.

images - 2020-05-23T070851.980.jpeg


After a month of lockdown and another month of gradually lifting it, churches are still closed despite offices being allowed to operate.

Popular man of God, David Oyedepo of Faith Tabernacle also known as Winners Chapel, has constantly criticized the government for not allowing churches to reopen despite the pandemic.

“There is something wrong; for people to be allowed to be in the market for six hours and can’t be in church for two hours, it is an upside-down way of looking at things,” he said.

“Which one is more orderly? The market or the church? I can smell a rat. The Lord spoke to me on it so strong yesterday.”

Another influential Christian leader, Pastor Chris Oyakhliome stated that men of God who support the closure of churches must be benefiting from the government.

While these two key figures represent a number of Christians who want churches to re-open, there are concerns that if this is allowed, the country will witness a huge spike in COVID-19 infections especially in Lagos which has been a hotbed for the virus.

On June 1, 2020, Nigerians would know if a new lockdown will be enforced or lifted.

However, do you think churches should be re-opened immediately or should they still be closed until COVID-19 infections reduce?

Share on...



(4 Likes)   Ajalak, eMade, Simpl2, Sucrates liked this topic.
User Photo
#2 » by green20 (β1512) » May 22nd, 2020, 6:17 pm
churches should open
there's power in the blood

User Photo
#3 » by makavelli25 VIP (β15238) » May 22nd, 2020, 7:05 pm
green20 wrote:churches should open
there's power in the blood
Read your comment again,but this time slowly.
Am sorry to say sir,it makes no sense

Am not try to sound unreligious o,but any large gathering including churches should remain close till we have 0 case
Tell other that "BESTNAIJA IS THE REAL DEAL". :)

User Photo
#4 » by green20 (β1512) » May 22nd, 2020, 7:24 pm
makavelli25 wrote:
green20 wrote:churches should open
there's power in the blood
Read your comment again,but this time slowly.
Am sorry to say sir,it makes no sense

Am not try to sound unreligious o,but any large gathering including churches should remain close till we have 0 case
let me not argue with you

User Photo
#5 » by makavelli25 VIP (β15238) » May 22nd, 2020, 7:53 pm
green20 wrote:
makavelli25 wrote:
green20 wrote:churches should open
there's power in the blood
Read your comment again,but this time slowly.
Am sorry to say sir,it makes no sense

Am not try to sound unreligious o,but any large gathering including churches should remain close till we have 0 case
let me not argue with you
Why not argue with me sir
Tell other that "BESTNAIJA IS THE REAL DEAL". :)

User Photo
#6 » by green20 (β1512) » May 22nd, 2020, 7:56 pm
makavelli25 wrote:
green20 wrote:
makavelli25 wrote:
green20 wrote:churches should open
there's power in the blood
Read your comment again,but this time slowly.
Am sorry to say sir,it makes no sense

Am not try to sound unreligious o,but any large gathering including churches should remain close till we have 0 case
let me not argue with you
Why not argue with me sir
i don't argue

User Photo
#7 » by Sucrates (β72) » May 23rd, 2020, 7:03 am
People should worship from home. Churches have not helped this nation an inch.

Only pastors missing their tithes are clamouring for stewpeed church opening.

God does not reside in buildings.

User Photo
#8 » by Sucrates (β72) » May 23rd, 2020, 7:54 am
Abeg who church EPP sef? God will listen when you pray from home.

f*k these scam Yahoo pastors in private jets.

User Photo
#9 » by green20 (β1512) » May 23rd, 2020, 8:01 am
Sucrates wrote:Abeg who church EPP sef? God will listen when you pray from home.

f*k these scam Yahoo pastors in private jets.
so you no dey fear God

User Photo
#10 » by Bright111 (β3) » May 23rd, 2020, 8:32 am
Churches should closed to the end of the year!

User Photo
#11 » by Sucrates (β72) » May 23rd, 2020, 9:08 am
green20 wrote:
Sucrates wrote:Abeg who church EPP sef? God will listen when you pray from home.

f*k these scam Yahoo pastors in private jets.
so you no dey fear God

I fear God but I don't fear these Yahoo pastors. They are billionaires while you church members are poor got life. Slavery.

Let the members push for church reopening not the scammer pastors.

User Photo
#12 » by makavelli25 VIP (β15238) » May 23rd, 2020, 9:52 am
Sucrates wrote:
green20 wrote:
Sucrates wrote:Abeg who church EPP sef? God will listen when you pray from home.

f*k these scam Yahoo pastors in private jets.
so you no dey fear God

I fear God but I don't fear these Yahoo pastors. They are billionaires while you church members are poor got life. Slavery.

Let the members push for church reopening not the scammer pastors.
You took these words outa my mind
Like really who church epp?
Except those pastorprenuers and business men
Nobody else

Even GOD said we should worship him in truth and spirit,not building oversized auditoriums that benefit nobody but the owners
Tell other that "BESTNAIJA IS THE REAL DEAL". :)

User Photo
#13 » by AK Horsfall VIP (β7835) » May 23rd, 2020, 10:25 am
Churches should be opened, but the numbers minimized
I'm a living success and from a Royal Priesthood.

User Photo
#14 » by NiceGuy (m) (β2627) » May 23rd, 2020, 11:44 am
Pastorpreneurs, I like that! :excited:
I'm really not that nice... :mrgreen:

User Photo
#15 » by Gwen27 (β581) » May 23rd, 2020, 12:09 pm
AK Horsfall wrote:Churches should be opened, but the numbers minimized


Na you talk sense
Free to join. Read news and get paid.
Join with my link & get #100 bonus https://lovesquarez.icu/signup/?ref=RiaAmazing

User Photo
#16 » by Gwen27 (β581) » May 23rd, 2020, 12:11 pm
Sucrates wrote:Abeg who church EPP sef? God will listen when you pray from home.

f*k these scam Yahoo pastors in private jets.


Don't judge them. Allow the Master Judge to do his job
Free to join. Read news and get paid.
Join with my link & get #100 bonus https://lovesquarez.icu/signup/?ref=RiaAmazing

User Photo
#17 » by green20 (β1512) » May 23rd, 2020, 2:10 pm
Gwen27 wrote:
Sucrates wrote:Abeg who church EPP sef? God will listen when you pray from home.

f*k these scam Yahoo pastors in private jets.


Don't judge them. Allow the Master Judge to do his job
:tu:

User Photo
#18 » by Sucrates (β72) » May 23rd, 2020, 5:09 pm
OK o. I don hear

User Photo
#19 » by green20 (β1512) » Yesterday, 4:45 pm
Sucrates wrote:OK o. I don hear
nice


YOUR REACTION


:tu: :lol; :clap: :cries: :thnk: :shkd: :w: :good: :excited: :what: :mrgreen:
   




LOG IN


LINKS

Naija News  Foreign News Food / Health  Sports  Career Talks  Fraud Alert Job Search / Interviews  CV and Resume Writing  Job Vacancies  Aptitude Tests  Business  Phones and Mobiles  The Internet/Web  Cars and Autos