APC Will Win 2019 Presidential Election Within 3 Hours Of Voting--- Akpabio Boasts

Share and discuss local Naija and international breaking news and major news plus current affairs from the world scene.
Comment
AK Horsfall
VIP VIP

January 20th, 2019, 4:13 pm

- Godswill Akpabio has said that the APC will win the presidential election in Akwa Ibom state within the space of three hours

- Akpabio said the people of the state have already shown a direction towards a landslide win the the forthcoming election

- According to the former governor, the change from the APC-led government had started to manifest long before his defection

The past Senate minority leader Godswill Akpabio, has claimed that the All Progressives Congress (APC) will win the presidential election in Akwa Ibom state within the space of three hours.

Akpabio was was a former governor in the state said Akwa Ibom state would not be turned into a battleground during the forthcoming election as predicated by many.

Speaking during an interview with Vanguard, the Senator said the people of the state have already shown a direction towards a landslide win the the forthcoming election.

"APC had taken over Akwa Ibom even before I joined the party. By the time I decided to join APC, by the time I landed at the airport, the whole airport was APC. The whole of the airport to the town was APC. The whole of the plaza in Uyo was APC, the jubilation was infectious," Akpabio said.

"Women and men were bringing their brooms from under their bed, which means they had been hiding them because of me and they were sweeping the roads. A distance of 20 minutes took us over two hours to cover because of the jubilation.

"I was now saying that so all these people belong to APC. When I asked them, they said, “Sir, after you left office, the situation wasn’t the same again. We have moved to APC.

"And I asked them when, and they said since 2015. If you ask the APC headquarters, they will tell you that we have over 300,000 card-carrying members who joined the party within six weeks.

"When I hear that Akwa Ibom is going to be a battleground, I laugh because there is no battleground in a state that has already shown direction. I can confidently confirm to you that the first state President Buhari will win within three hours of voting is Akwa Ibom," he added.

Speaking on reasons he has been under the attack of the opposition since joining the ruling party, Akpabio said the change from the APC-led government had started to manifest long before his defection.

He said: "It is not because of me but because of the change that the federal government has started. The reason I am being attacked is just because I am a leader here and a lot of people came out boldly to associate with APC when I joined, but the people have rejected PDP before I declared for APC."

http://www.naij.com
APC-2-600x352.jpg

Please share...

I'm a living success and from a Royal Priesthood.
yaroummu
VIP VIP

June 20th, 2021, 4:02 pm

Yes,it did..
Cool me
Comment
  • Information