Breaking: Ekiti Assembly Impeaches Deputy Speaker Again

Share and discuss local Naija and international breaking news and major news plus current affairs from the world scene.
Comment
AK Horsfall
VIP VIP

January 17th, 2019, 4:23 pm

Ekiti State House of Assembly on Thursday removed the Deputy Speaker , Mr . Segun Adewumi , for alleged gross misconduct .

Adewumi , ( Ekiti West Constituency I ) in the assembly was elected on June 6 , 2015 as the number two man in the Assembly .

He was removed in 2018 by pro -Ayodele Fayose lawmakers for alleged disloyalty .

The PDP lawmaker was reinstated as deputy speaker last year few days before Dr . Kayode Fayemi was inaugurated as governor.

The Assembly elected Olaposi Omodara ( Irepodun/ Ifelodun constituency 1 ) as new Deputy Speaker .

Adewumi was earlier impeached in May 2018 .

Back then , the Assembly accused Adewumi of committing several acts including personal conducts likely to bring the Assembly to disrepute , obvious threat to peace of members and obstruction of constitutional functions of ‘ The House. ’

He was also accused of “ dereliction , desertion , abscondment and abandonment of constitutional vested responsibilities of the Office of the Deputy Speaker . ”

http://www.punchng.com
2018_4large_mace11.jpg

Please share...

I'm a living success and from a Royal Priesthood.
Emi
Senior

January 17th, 2019, 11:54 pm

its possible :thnk:
I'm sekxy and I know it... :w':
AK Horsfall
VIP VIP

January 18th, 2019, 5:36 am

Emi wrote:its possible :thnk:
Very well
I'm a living success and from a Royal Priesthood.
yaroummu
VIP VIP

June 21st, 2021, 12:35 am

Part of d game
Cool me
Comment
  • Information