Suspected Smugglers kills custom officer, injure others in ogun

Share and discuss local Naija and international breaking news and major news plus current affairs from the world scene.
Comment
AK Horsfall
VIP VIP

January 8th, 2019, 9:36 am

Suspected smugglers have reportedly killed a customs officer and injured another in an ambush at Asero community, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

It was learnt that the operatives attached to the Nigerian Customs Service (NSC), Ogun Area Command, on Sunday, were on a routine anti-smuggling patrol in an attempt to secure eight reconstructed vehicles loaded with smuggled rice and kept in Asero community.

Our correspondent further gathered that the suspected smugglers, in a move to resist the retrieval of the vehicles by operatives of the NCS, laid an ambush, leading to an encounter between the hoodlums and the customs officers.

In the process, Hamisu Sani, a Customs Assistant I, was killed following “grievous injuries” he sustained. However, Inspector Tijjani Michel who equally sustained injuries from machete cut is said to be recuperating.

The spokesman of the NCS in Ogun, Abdullahi Maiwada, in a statement made available to our correspondent in Abeokuta yesterday, confirmed the incident, saying the victim had been buried in line with Islamic rites.

He said the command would ensure the perpetrators “of this devilish act are brought to face the full wrath of the law.”

He further disclosed that two suspects have been arrested by the police, while the eight vehicles loaded with smuggled rice have been secured in connection with the incident.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng
The killed officer, Hamisu sani
The killed officer, Hamisu sani

Please share...

I'm a living success and from a Royal Priesthood.
AK Horsfall
VIP VIP

January 8th, 2019, 9:39 am

Bizzare
Key7
Senior

January 9th, 2019, 12:13 am

Too bad. That's why the customs officials are armed these days. Smuggling is a serious business
Bestnaija rocks! Seing is believing. See https://bestnaija.ng/61200
AK Horsfall
VIP VIP

January 9th, 2019, 5:43 am

Key7 wrote:Too bad. That's why the customs officials are armed these days. Smuggling is a serious business
True
yaroummu
VIP VIP

June 18th, 2021, 5:48 pm

Evil swugglers.
Cool me
Comment
  • See also...
    Comments
    Views
    Last post
  • Information