How To Blog Profitably: Valuable Lessons From The Bestnaija

Discussions and news on the Internet, Web Design and Development, Webmasters And Related Topics
Comment
eMade
VIP VIP

August 9th, 2017, 6:22 am

Good day, Besties!
As promised, this thread will serve as class 1 for tutorials on efficient and profitable blogging, served hot straight from the kitchens of Bestnaija. Blogging is a serious business nowadays and must be taken as such. Otherwise, valuable time, resources and cyber space would be wasted creating an intellectual property headed for doom.

Blogging.jpg
I shall be your anchor but contributions from others are welcome as well as comments, counter opinions, objections and additions. You can equally share your experiences as we roll.

Why this class?
Daily, the statistics of people who start blogging give us high figure. But so also is the rate at which people crash out of blogging. Or they end up making a dead blog. I have realised that wrong expectations, bad foundations, wrong approaches and bad practices contribute big time to the failures.

So, in this thread, we shall discuss what it takes to blog profitably.

Please share...

Learn more about ✓ VIP Members: https://www.bestnaija.ng/61848 ✓ Referral: https://www.bestnaija.ng/62508
eMade
VIP VIP

August 9th, 2017, 6:32 am

Straight to the topic. I shall start with one vital requirement that can determine the success of your blogging career or blogging attempt. This vital requirement can make your blogging dead from the birth if it's lacking. It's the blood that flows and keeps your blogs alive. This ingredient keeps you going when things are apparently not going your way. When other expectations are failing, this single vital condiment adds spice to your work and makes you and your blog survivors.

What is this single ingredient?

It is PASSION.

When people start blogging simply for the wrong reason, they end up crashing out because of realities. Some want to cash AdSense money quickly so they heard it's big money. So when realities knock, they fail. Some just heard that blogging is the real deal now. So they jump at it. They end up failing.

Only real bloggers survive all the tides. And real bloggers are those who have passion, deep passion for what they write/blog about.

So, the ingredient is PASSION for your topic of interest, for your niche and for WRITING.

YOU ARE NOT A BLOGGER if all you have on your website are copied contents from other websites. You are merely a THIEF.

REAL BLOGGERS are writers, they are creative. They have passion both for the topic (niche) and also creative writing.

AS A START NOW, dear aspiring bloggers, drop what you are doing and reflect.

Do a thorough self assessment. Where does your real blogging passion lie? Is it creative news reporting? Is it tech? Is it romance? Is it food?

Do you feel very passionate to pen down stuffs about that topic?

If you feel very strongly, then, you are chosen.

To be continued.

Comments are welcome in the meantime as we have a recess.
Learn more about ✓ VIP Members: https://www.bestnaija.ng/61848 ✓ Referral: https://www.bestnaija.ng/62508
Hotsaint
VIP VIP

August 9th, 2017, 6:37 am

very interesting
go on sister we following
Stream my latest song
https://open.spotify.com/artist/5nGO87k ... =copy-link
9jaguy
Senior

August 9th, 2017, 6:51 am

I have a question. If someone does not have a natural love or passion as you call it for writing or blogging about any particular area, can the person still develop that passion by practice and still be successful in blogging?
Hotsaint
VIP VIP

August 9th, 2017, 8:46 am

what is d different between blog, website, forum
Stream my latest song
eMade
VIP VIP

August 9th, 2017, 9:40 am

Thanks for your questions. All will be taken, one after the other.
eMade
VIP VIP

August 9th, 2017, 9:47 am

First, let's highlight the benefits therein when it comes to blogging.

WHY START A BLOG? Why have a website?

The benefits:

5 benefits of blogging - by Opinion Outpost
===================================
If you're passionate about a topic, whether it be superheroes or sundresses, you've probably considered starting a blog to express your ideas, showcase your photos and connect with other like-minded people. Launching and maintaining a high-quality personal blog can be both time- and energy- consuming, however, which has many aspiring content creators wondering: Is this worth it? Are there any benefits to becoming a blogger?

While blogging is certainly a commitment, the goods news is that it's often a very worthwhile one. So if you were about to click "delete" on your digital space, don't scrap your hard work just yet - these five blogging benefits might change your mind:

1. Sharpen your writing and technical skills
If practice makes perfect, then maintaining a blog will certainly help you polish up your storytelling abilities. The Huffington Post explained that many popular blogs have been started by people with no writing experience who, after creating daily or weekly pieces of content, have blossomed into exceptional scribes. This happened not only because they were always writing, but also because they were always re-reading their posts as well when responding to comments or making edits. The source noted that the public nature of blogs can also help their authors become better writers, since readers will often point out inconsistencies with grammar or information.

Blogging is also an excellent way to learn and enhance web skills, which Income Diary noted are very in-demand in today's competitive job market. Because there are many user-friendly blogging platforms, you don't need to be a coding wiz to launch a page, but you're bound to pick up a few technical skills as you get more involved in the blogosphere. The source noted that blogging can be a great method of teaching yourself elements of HTML, CSS, web design, search engine optimization and content marketing.

2. Organize your thoughts
From the first sip of coffee to when your head hits the pillow, one thing is constant: Your brain is thinking, thinking, thinking. While it might be impossible to wrangle every idea that passes through your thoughts, it can be easier when you have a place to store, organize and share them. As blogger Sunny Trochaniak explained on his site:

"The process of writing your thoughts out also forces you to dig so much deeper. The analysis that's required to actually be able to convert your thought into a sentence or paragraph makes it more than just a thought, but now a solidified theory or belief."

In addition to allowing you to publish thoughts as they come, blogs also act as digital records of your life and ideas. Want to know what was going through your mind in March of last year? Simply scroll to that section of your site and reflect on what you posted.

3. Establish a community online
The blogosphere is vast, and chances are that whatever topics you want to cover on your page are already being discussed on thousands and thousands of sites all over the World Wide Web. While this fact might sound intimidating, don't think of every blog as a competitor - think of them as members of your community. Many bloggers use their digital platforms as places to converse with and befriend people with similar interests, so don't be afraid to reach out to your fellow enthusiasts.

If you're running a health and wellness blog, for example, try searching a few popular hashtags (ex. #FitFam, #Fitspo, #CleanEats) and follow a few sites that pop up. Leaving comments and likes for other bloggers could be the first step in establishing lifelong friendships.

4. Earn money
While blogging definitely isn't a get-rich-quick hobby, it can have some financial benefits for people who gain sizeable followings. You can sell advertising space on your website, promote brands on social media or collaborate with other bloggers on larger endorsements deals.

You can also leverage your blog into a business by selling a product or service you offer. For example, if you're a yoga teacher looking to start a yoga blog, you could also use it as a way to market your classes, gain new clients for private lessons or even sell merchandise.

5. Controll your digital identity
It's no secret that many companies check out candidates' online presence before extending job offers. This practice can be a make-or-break moment for applicants who look polished and professional on paper, but out of control and irresponsible online. This means that no matter how well you did during your phone interview, that Facebook status about hating customer service could cost you a an amazing opportunity.

The good news is that having a blog allows you to put your best foot forward when it comes to your online identity. By bolstering your blog's SEO standing, you can ensure that your carefully crafted blog shows up first when people Google your name - and that your questionably maintained Twitter page gets buried deeper into the search results.

Based on research, those answers were found at https://www.opinionoutpost.com/en/blog/ ... YrLZNoo8xs
eMade
VIP VIP

August 9th, 2017, 10:16 am

Here again is how the benefits are highlighted by SkillsYouNeed.Com:

Here are some of the top benefits of blogging and how it can change your life.

1. You Will Hone Your Writing Skills.
Writing is a very valuable skill. Although there are some who think writers are born with such talents, most bloggers will confirm that the art of communication is learned through consistent practice. And contrary to popular belief, some of the most high-traffic blogs are written in a conversational tone.

As you consistently blog, you will begin to pay more attention to word-choice, sentence structure, tone, and writing copy. Learning how to write good blog posts will certainly refine your writing skills in the process.

2. You Will Become a More Organized Thinker.
Writing gives you time to organize your thoughts as well as re-think, re-phrase, delete, edit, and change your beliefs. That’s the beautiful thing about writing – it allows you time to analyze the coherence and logic behind your thinking.

This exercise can eventually become a part of your mental thought process in everyday life, leading you to become a better thinker.

3. You Will Have a Healthy Emotional Outlet.
This is especially true if you are looking to blog for personal purposes. While your blog may not be meant as a “secret diary”, it can still serve as an emotional outlet.

Studies have shown that writing helps people heal emotionally after a traumatic experience. Even if your experiences may not be considered especially traumatic, writing can serve as a way to overcome mental and physical hardships in life.

4. You Will Develop Healthier Habits.
Blogging is an activity that requires a certain level of discipline, commitment and time. Sure, you can ignore your blog when you feel like it but, if you do have goals and want people to actually visit your blog, you will need some degree of organization and time management.

The best part is the positive reinforcement. As more people begin to read, comment and share your blog, the more motivated you’ll become. That’s how most amateur bloggers transition into full-time, professional bloggers.

5. You Will Be Exposed to Other Perspectives.
In the process of researching new blog post ideas, bloggers are exposed to different perspectives. Similar to interacting with new people who have different ideas and opinions, blogging opens you up to learning and expanding your horizons.

With your audience potentially being the entire internet, you have the added bonus of discovering different cultures, ways of life, thought processes, and life issues. The result is that you will become a more open-minded, well-rounded individual.

6. You Can Make a Difference in Other People’s Lives.
Yes, you starting a blog can certainly make a difference in other people’s lives. No matter what you discuss or how unique your situation, there is always the chance that someone else is experiencing a similar challenge, dilemma, or situation. Your blog posts may connect with readers on an intellectual or emotional level, help them cope with a traumatic event, inspire them to try something new, and/or make a decision to improve their life.

For example, one of the blogs I built is geared towards helping people make better financial decisions. I started it to provide money, career and education advice, and it always makes me smile when I get emails from readers who have used my blog to improve their lives.

Although you might think that your blog’s potential won’t live up to “changing the world”, to that one person you may have been the catalyst for a life-changing event, making all the difference in his or her world!

7. You’ll Have More Confidence.
Need to build self-confidence? Start blogging, and you just might get what you want/need. When you blog about topics that strike a chord with your readers and they respond to you via comments, email or social networks, you will certainly get a rush of positive emotions. You will quickly realize that you do have something important to say and share with the world, and that will encourage you to speak your mind more often.

8. Blogging can Offer New Opportunities.
Blogging opens up new opportunities mainly because a blog can be read by anyone in the world. Who knows who discovers your blog? If you have concrete goals from the beginning (e.g. to use your blog as a resume or establish yourself as a credible expert in an industry), then you will naturally take steps to reach those goals.

In some cases, you may be invited to speak at conferences, write a column for a large publication such as Forbes or US News, or establish yourself as a community leader. You may even find a career that you are passionate about and is better suited to your skills and talents.

Lastly, a new job may not be directly correlated to your blog but, as we’ve discussed above, blogging can help you develop a number of transferable skills needed to succeed in a professional setting. For instance, almost all employers look for writing, communication, presentation, critical thinking and leadership skills – all side effects of writing a blog.

9. You Have the Potential to Make Money.
Blogging for money is one of the hottest topics these days, and it is actually a niche that is rife with opportunity. You can start blogging with the goal of making money, but you can also start a blog without the dollar sign twinkling in your eyes.

Whatever your starting point, however, there is the potential to make money. Whether you sell ad space, recommend products or services, or become a freelancer, blogging can be a side income or full-time business.

Final Word
Like anything else in life, blogging is a process and requires patience.
While you may have concrete goals and deadlines, don’t give up if your blog isn’t an overnight sensation. Most blogs take a minimum of 6 months to start attracting decent traffic.

Take blogging as a challenge to see what you can achieve in a new field, and keep in mind one of my favorite quotes from Bruce Lee:

“Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”

Credit: https://www.skillsyouneed.com/rhubarb/b ... gging.html
Hotsaint
VIP VIP

August 9th, 2017, 12:27 pm

good one
I love that
Stream my latest song
Aniexcels
Senior

August 9th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Interesting tutorial! I really love what I've read herein. Thanks for sharing this useful info.
Tired or not tired, you can always do a thing when you know it must be done.

Care to see where I make things happen? Go here.
eMade
VIP VIP

August 9th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Aniexcels wrote:Interesting tutorial! I really love what I've read herein. Thanks for sharing this useful info.
You're welcome. Next episode loading...
Aniexcels
Senior

August 9th, 2017, 10:53 pm

eMade wrote:
Aniexcels wrote:Interesting tutorial! I really love what I've read herein. Thanks for sharing this useful info.
You're welcome. Next episode loading...
Alright!
Tired or not tired, you can always do a thing when you know it must be done.

Care to see where I make things happen? Go here.
eMade
VIP VIP

August 12th, 2017, 6:39 am

SUMMARY OF LESSON 1: RR (right reason) and HP (have passion)

Blog for the right reason. And have passion for the art and your niche / topic. These key points are like foundations on which your whole blogging career structure is built. They will greatly determine how far you can go. If the foundation is weak, a collapsed structure is imminent.

Concentrate on adding value through your content to your readers, and they will be loyal to you. And behold, money and satisfaction will follow.

How do you know when people are blogging just for money and not to add value to readers?

This is a bad blogging approach. You know such blogs when you visit the websites and discover you don't have a good experience because of too many advert banners. All filled with advertisements. It can be so ugly.

In such scenarios, know that the blogger is just after money and cares little about adding value to you. I know of a popular Nigerian entertainment blog. Before you see the main content, you should have scrolled past over 10 banner ads. It's so ugly.

Can you site example of such websites?
ade22
Senior

August 26th, 2017, 11:52 am

Hotsaint wrote:what is d different between blog, website, forum
and what is the advantage of one over the other?
I am who I am...
ade22
Senior

August 26th, 2017, 11:53 am

True why is Linda ikeji blog loaded with so much adverts?
I am who I am...
Abbeycity
Senior

September 1st, 2017, 12:15 am

Nice tutorial!
Discussyes is an online social forum where members interact freely on their desired topic of discussion.

Visit- http://discussyes.ml
makavelli25
VIP VIP

April 27th, 2021, 6:17 am

Where has this topic been all this days

Omo secrets full this forum o
redeem and buy coins at a very good rate. just send a message,I reply in seconds
Gloria50
VIP VIP

June 7th, 2021, 11:21 pm

This is so interesting
Telephone
Tec
Senior

June 7th, 2021, 11:23 pm

Thanks for sharing 9nce again. Blogging can earn good money.
I buy & trade in Bestnaija βCoins. Any amount. PM me. :w:
roxijan22

May 16th, 2022, 7:27 am

9jaguy wrote: August 9th, 2017, 6:51 am I have a question. If someone does not have a natural love or passion as you call it for writing or blogging about any particular area, can the person still develop that passion by practice and still be successful in blogging?
okkk
Comment
  • Information