*COMMON MISTAKES THAT KILL STUDENTS' GPA*

Education, academics, study aids and scholarships, qualifications, schools, universities, colleges and related discussions in Nigeria, Africa and Worldwide
Comment
Hotsaint
VIP VIP

August 27th, 2017, 11:30 am

written by hotsaint

For everything, there is a cause and effect.
Your GPA doesn’t just go down without certain mistakes on your part. If you have realized that your academic performance needs attention, then it is not too late to take necessary actions. This article exposes the possible mistakes that may have contributed to your GPA drop.
Using gpa calculator, so many persons are having less than 2.5 on a GPA scale of 5.0. Although there are events you cannot change or avoid; such as getting sick, getting bad news,bereavement of loved ones and so on. However, there are avoidable GPA killing mistakes.
This article is intended to answer the following frequently asked questions:
1. How do I raise my GPA in university?
2. What makes my GPA go down?
3. What are the strategies to raise my GPA in university?
4. What are the mistakes that kill GPA?
5. How do I maintain a good GPA?
6. Is it true that 100L and 200L GPA is usually low?
Identify them below and boost your performance as soon as possible.
GPA KILLING MISTAKES YOU MUST AVOID.

1. FAILURE TO OVERCOME PROCRASTINATION
The 15 letters above is the grave where opportunities are buried. Don’t push things to the future if you can address them in the present. Killing time is not murder, it is suicide. Don’t wait for the exams to be close before you begin adequate preparations.
One reason you should stop swimming in the ocean of procrastination is that you cannot predict the future. Today is the only asset you are sure of. Say no to procrastination.(proverbs 6:6-11)

2. COMPARISON
Comparison is not a proof of anything. Life is not to compete but to complete. You say; “Mr Joseph uses this approach and it works for him, so let me do the same” or “I want to be like peter”. Now, who is Peter? I don’t know but certainly not you. Just be unique; look for what produces the best result for you and stick to it.(2corinthians 10:12)

3. PRIDE
Nothing kills your GP faster than when you begin to form ‘Mr Pompous’. when you are proud, you become too heavy for people to carry. Humble your self to learn what you don’t know. Ask questions, seek help even from your juniors(proverbs16:18)

4. YOU ARE TOO SHY
You are too shy to relate with people. Have you forgotten that according to research, you
remember a lot when you teach others or engage in group discussions? if your GP is being affected because you are shy, it is time to work on yourself(Act 8:30,31)

5. BAD COMPANY
Are your close friends those who are not serious academically? then stop complaining about your poor performance. Like I always say, your friends are the picture of your future. Review your association immediately to avoid academic failure (1corinthians 15:33)

6. YOU SLEEP TOO MUCH
You can’t be sleeping too much and expect your GPA to be awake. Too much Sleep will mar your academic dream.You need to check and balance that thing that makes your eyes always close(Isaiah 52:1,51:17)

7. YOU BLAME OTHERS
You always have reasons to blame your lecturers or friends for your poor performance. In the beginning, it was not so. The earlier you start taking full responsibilities for your life, the better it will be for you my friend(Philippians 2:14)

8. YOUR LAST SUCCESS
You relaxed because you did very well the other time. Have you forgotten so soon that your last achievement is your greatest enemy? it doesn’t make sense when you are always raising shoulders because of the previous achievement of yours, but it makes sense when you consolidate your past academic success through continuous hard working. Look back occasionally but forward continuously(Philippians 3:13).

9. YOU SETTLED FOR LESS
You decided to take anything that comes your way. Have you forgotten that any GP can be 0.5? go for what you want. Don’t let anyone tell you to settle for less. Your GPA trend continues until you decide to aim for the very best(Deuteronomy 28:13)

10. INCONSISTENCY
It is better to die standing than to continuously live in your kneels. Don’t have a scattered academic or reading life. Be consistent in your dealings(James 1:6-8)

11. SKIPPING CLASSES
Some of the things your lecturers say in class are the prophecies of your exam questions. You skipped the class, there you missed the rhema. Academic Rhema is the key to your success(Acts 20:24)

12. YOU DIDN’T COMPLETE THE SCHEME
The part you left out may likely come out on the exam. Try to cover as much as possible before the exam. The issue of not completing the scheme can be overcome by starting early and being consistent(Ecclesiastes 9:10)

13. ADDICTION TO TECHNOLOGY
Your addiction to Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, twitter, games, films, phones,music and so on, are not helping matters as well. Try to put some limits on your social life(2 Corinthians 6:17)

14. NOT IMPROVING YOURSELF
Self improvement is the beginning of self discovery. Don’t use last session information to solve this semester’s reality. Learn how to answer exam questions(Luke 2:46,47)
15(a) IN SCHOOL POLITICS/UNIONISM You are there without thinking of what brought you to campus,it will also make your GPA drop and ruin your academic performance(John 6:15).

15(b) . DISTRACTIONS FROM OPPOSITE s3x
You should be able to explain this better than I do,running after opposite s3x on campus will surely jeopardise your academic performance very fast. Tell yourself the truth in this aspect. I just want to make common sense."You can not eat your cake and have it" It is true that you can not make a good result while you are running after that young man or that young lady.You may contract HIV/AIDS in the process which may lead to the termination of your career(Judges 16:1-31).BE WISE MY FRIEND AND CONSIDER JESUS FOR GOOD SUCCESS IN THIS LIFE AND IN LIFE TO COME.
The Lord be with you all!

Please share...

Stream my latest song
https://open.spotify.com/artist/5nGO87k ... =copy-link
DanielLee5
Junior

June 14th, 2018, 6:46 am

I think procrastination is the biggest evil, it is especially very actual problem for all of creative activities, mostly writing. I read tons of info aimed to help me to fight procrastination, but I guess self-discipline is the only remedy. Talking about technologies and social media, I am 100% agree with you that they can distract one crazily, time goes slower when you're constantly checking Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, I even deleted some of my social accounts during preparation to my exams. Talking about studying process and especially writing, I could highly recommend reading more books, communicating with people with same studying ambitions, all this is very motivating. Here's a very helpful blog by the way https://bid4papers.com/blog/ about creative writing, it supported me very much at college.
Gabbyss

February 26th, 2019, 9:31 pm

Thank you for describing so clearly all the problems that students may encounter in their studies. I fully agree that GPAs are very important. Here ------------- is a more detailed article on this topic. It seems to me that some students forget why they went to college. Usually the problem with GPA arises due to improper time planning. I think that students who did well during the semester didn't have such problems as learning everything overnight. My first year in college was unsuccessful, I got some bad grades and it really upset me. From my second year I began to study more.
Alex567

March 10th, 2020, 2:02 am

Great post! I'm sure, many high school students will find it to be useful. Personally I used college apps in order to prepare for exams. This is a very informative source. But I find your post to be really helpful. Thanks!
Sakuse

August 6th, 2020, 1:21 am

These are really helpful tips. I also try to do everything to improve
Dube
VIP VIP

August 21st, 2020, 9:46 am

As for
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chukwubunna
Twitter- https://www.twitter.com/@Lucky87284882
Chycebel
Junior

May 11th, 2021, 11:08 am

I pray i remember this always nd hope my gpa will always be gud
Please Dm if you're in need of a content writer
Gloria50
VIP VIP

May 19th, 2021, 1:18 pm

So Interesting
Telephone
Bash888
Senior

July 13th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Thanks for the update
Coded20
VIP VIP

July 13th, 2021, 4:18 pm

Good tips...
No Love💔 In The City Just Make Money🤑 And Pray Not To Die Young🙏
Bash888
Senior

July 25th, 2021, 5:38 pm

Thanks for the update
Royce

January 21st, 2022, 10:41 pm

This really true, had issues like this back in school days.

For latest school informations, visit: https://www.schoolstufz.com or https://www.igetjobsnow.com.ng
LydiaMay

February 10th, 2022, 6:52 pm

Click the link below to study abroad at no cost at all through Unicaf Scholarship programmes.
https://apply.unicaf.org/refer-a-friend ... fKHLcrpVXS

Best of luck!!!
Comment
  • Information