CREN holds 2021 Annual General Meeting, induction, awards

General discussions, uncategorized topics, random topics, random posts all go here
Comment
Royalgold
Junior

December 20th, 2021, 11:45 am

By Bilkisu Aminu, Abuja

Speaking at the CREN 2021 AGM and Induction, the National President, Dr. Sunny Akpoyibo said, "the event allowed us to come together finally after so many postponements. I and my present Executive Committee members were elected into the position in 2019 and we made promises and developed a strategic plan to see those promises through. Sounds very simple right? And we believed so. But we didn't count in the disruption that seems to have been continuous since 2020.

"The global pandemic and the lockdown came, we all know what the situation was and is. However, within this period, we have tried to do quite a lot, achieved a few, and are still in the process of activating others".

Dr. Akpoyibo said, "we are founding members of the RE Alliance and I can tell you that we have several representatives in key positions. Our deputy chairman, Dr. Talba is the Chairman steering committee, our chairman advisory Board, Prof A.S Sambo is also the chairman of the Alliance Board of Trustees, I, myself Dr. Akpoyibo is also on the Board of Trustees, our immediate past president, Chief Mrs. Anita Nana Okuribido is also on the board while our National Publicity Secretary, Dr. Uzodinma is the Alternate Member, steering committee. Several presentations have been made to relevant ministries and agencies to drive in partnerships.

He said a two-day training program for members and public servants in power-related agencies was held with our Secretary-General as one of the facilitators. A delegation from the Alliance participated at InterSolar Europe in January 2022, a National Conference shall be held by the Alliance.

Discussions on how CREN Members should and can partake in the Nigeria Electrification project and also the Solar Home Connections Scheme. He noted that they have also provided a platform for state chapters in other to drive a better engagement of members at stage level and make for better representation and hope that by next year, the state chapters will be fully launched and each one will developed it's own working events though at all times with recourse to the national Body.

"We shall be establishing new committee and enlarging our advisory board to include founding members of CREN, he added.
There was award to recognize principally, CREN members who have distinguished themselves within the year in review and those of the larger community of energy professionals who have impacted on the sector.

In the words of the National Publicity Secretary,Dr. Uzodinma Adirieje,
" I don't like talking about challenges without firstly looking at the recommendation."

"CREN just like any other organization, is faced with the problem of inadequate finances to meet up with the day to day activities", Dr. Uzodinma disclosed.

He suggested that there should be good Policies that will drive implementation of renewable energy activities, objectives and interventions across the country.

Please share...

Comment
  • Information