Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics)

Religions news and discussions, beliefs, superstitions, morality, ethics and related topics
Comment
090makuo
Senior

November 11th, 2021, 11:49 pm

GOD is good. HE is blessing us. Everything's gonna be alright': South Carolina preacher gives live sermon outside his BURNING home

A South Carolina preacher gave a live sermon as he filmed his house burning on Sunday, reminding his followers that 'God is good.'

'Apostle' Sammy Smith, 64, founder of the Grace Cathedral Ministries in Piedmont, South Carolina, live-streamed his burning home on Facebook on November 7 saying he never lost faith - just his razor.

Despite watching flames engulf his house, the chipper preacher still said 'I'm doing church this morning. I can't shave, I thought I could shave. Looks like I might not be able to shave much this morning.

'But I just wanted everyone to know that God is good. He is blessing us. Everything gonna be alright. I always say He will make a way and sometimes we don't understand and as I've been saying recently, God might not put the blessing in your hand, but in your reach.'

Smith shared the video to his Facebook page showing the large, dark plumes of smoke billowing from the top of his house as flames engulf the top floor.

His two neighbors used their lawn hoses to spray water on the upstairs windows where the fire started until the Simpsonville Fire Department arrived with a much bigger and more powerful hose.

Even after the fire department arrived, his valiant neighbors still helped spray the house down. Other neighbors also joined the preacher in his front yard to offer support.

'My house is on fire,' the preacher is heard saying several times in the video. 'Right now, it's upstairs. I hope it don't get downstairs. My house is on fire.'

The 64-year-old preacher admitted in a later Facebook live that he has 'never seen a house burn.'

'The house is probably pretty much destroyed,' he said. 'But God got us out. And, you know, God's will always has to be done. Sometimes we don't understand His will.'

Although the cause of the fire remains unclear, Sammy suspected it was due to a heating unit or electronics, he told WYFF.

His daughter and godson, whose bedrooms are upstairs, lost all their belongings, but no one was injured in the fire.

The 'apostle' also thanked his community for their support.

'They were bringing up donations and putting them in my hand, And I felt their love. And I when I felt their love I became a crybaby,' Smith said.

'And it was something… not about the house, not about any of that stuff not about the clothes that were lost, not about the stuff - their love moved me.'

A few days after the fire, a Bible study group at the church celebrated that no lives were lost.

'Knowing that God had saved their lives, preserved their lives that was what was important to us as a church family - for us to still have them here,' church member Thomas Bell said.

'We could be mourning now, but instead of mourning we can rejoice because we know God saved he preserved.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -home.html
(Quote) (Report) 7 Likes (Like) (Share)

Re: Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) by HolinessForever: 8:31pm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -home.html

Please share...

Comment
  • Information