Prophetic Ways To Protect Your Children From Evils - Islam for Muslims

Religions news and discussions, beliefs, superstitions, morality, ethics and related topics
Comment
Deli999
Senior

January 2nd, 2021, 3:43 pm

Children are a trust from Allah. Not only must we attend to their physical, intellectual and spiritual needs, we must also keep them from harm. Protecting our children from the evil in this world is the responsibility of every parent.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is reported to have said:
Every one of you (people) is a shepherd. And every one is responsible for whatever falls under his responsibility. A man is like a shepherd of his own family, and he is responsible for them. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim). Whether it is from seen or unseen forces, the Prophet advised us on how we can safeguard our children.

Below are the 5 Prophetic ways to protect your children:

1. Du’a for Protection

The Prophet used to say the following to seek the protection of Allah for Al-Hassan and Al-Hussein:
u‛eedhukumaa bi kalimaat-illaahi-taammati min kulli shayṭaanin, wa haammatin, wa min kulli ‛aynin laammah.
I seek protection for you in the perfect words of Allah from every devil, and every beast, and from every evil eye. (Al-Bukhari 4/119)
It is advised to say this du’a over your children in the morning, evening and before leaving the house.
N.B: The text was reported to have said by the Prophet as a dua for the protection of his two grand children (Hassan and Hussein, Radiyya Lahu anihumo). So, if you are praying for a child, you are to say U'eethuka (for a male) and U'eethuki (for a female) instead of U'eethukumaa.

2. Recite the Last Three Chapters of the Quran & Ayat ul-Kursi

Surah Al-Ikhlas, Surah Al-Falaq, and Surah An-Nas are well known for their protective properties. Recite these chapters into your hands and wipe them over the children before they sleep.

It was narrated from ‘Aisha that:

When the Prophet (peace be upon him) went to bed every night, he would hold his hands together and blow into them, and recite into them Qul Huwa Allah Ahad, Qul a’oodhu bi rabb il-falaq and Qul a’oodhu bi rabb in-nas. Then he would wipe them over whatever he could of his body, starting with his head and face and the front of his body, and he would do that three times. (Al-Bukhari 5017)
An-Nasa’i recorded that Ibn ‘Abis Al-Juhani said that the Prophet said to him:
“O Ibn Abis! Shall I guide you to, or inform you, of the best thing that those who seek protection use for protection)”
He replied:
“Of course, O Messenger of Allah!’’
The Prophet said:
“Say: ‘I seek refuge with the Lord of Al-Falaq.’’ and “Say: ‘I seek refuge with the Lord of mankind.’” “These two Surahs” (are the best protection.)
Similarly, Ayatul kursi, the 255th verse of Surah Al-Baqarah, is renowned as a protection against the Satan. Parents should include Ayatul kursi in the daily remembrance that is recited over your children.

Abu Hurayrah said:
The Messenger of Allah put me in charge of guarding the zakat of Ramadan. Someone came to me and started grabbing (taking illegally) handful of the food. I took hold of him and said:
‘I will take you to the Messenger of Allah.’
He said: ‘I will teach you some words by means of which Allah will benefit you.’
I said: ‘What are they?’
He said: ‘When you go to your bed, recite this ayah: “Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyoom (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists)…” (Surah al-Baqarah, 2:255). Then Allah will appoint a guard for you who will stay with you and no Satan will come near you until morning.’
The Messenger of Allah asked me:
‘What did your prisoner do last night?’
I said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, he taught me something, and claimed that Allah would benefit me by it.’
He said:
‘What was it?’
I said:
‘He taught me to recite Ayatul kursi when I go to bed, and said that no Satan would come near me until morning, and that Allah would appoint a guard for me who would stay with me.’
The prophet said:
‘He told you the truth, although he is an inveterate liar. That was the Satan’ (Al-Bukhari; Muslim)

3. Surah Al-Baqarah

Recitation of Surah Al-Baqarah is known to keep the devil away from the home. Since many tribulations are satanic in nature (evil eye, possession, black magic), keeping Satan away from your homes is fundamental for protecting your family.
Abu Hurayrah reports that the Messenger of Allah said:
“Do not make your houses like graves, for the Shaytan runs away from a house in which Surat al-Baqarah is recited.” (Muslim, 780)
Sahl ibn Sa’d said that the Messenger of Allah said:
“Everything has a hump (or, high peak), and Al-Baqarah is the high peak of the Quran. Whoever recites Al-Baqarah at night in his house, then Shaytan will not enter that house for three nights. Whoever recites it during a day in his house, then Shaytan will not enter that house for three days.” (Abu Al-Qasim At-Tabarani).

4. Etiquettes in the Toilet
The toilet is an area of filth and the jinn are attracted to such dirty places. The Prophet taught us ways to protect ourselves from their influence and potential harm when using the washroom. It is important to teach these etiquettes to your children from a young age.
These include saying the Sunnah du’as upon entering and leaving the toilet.
It is good practice for parents to keep the daily du’as visible around the house for the children to read. Stick these du’as onto your wall, or keep them in the appropriate places, to encourage your children to seek protection in Allah and facilitate their memorization.

5. Precautions at Maghrib Time

The Prophet recommended not allowing our children outdoors around the time of Maghrib as at this time the devils are out. Practically, this means keeping them indoors thirty minutes before the start of the Maghrib prayer, and one hour after Maghrib begins.
The Prophet said:
“When night falls, keep your children indoors, for the devils are out and about at this time. When an hour of the night goes by, you can let them go.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
The Prophet said:
“Do not send out your cattle or your children when the sun sets until the blackness of the night descends, for indeed the Satans are sent forth when the Sun sets until the blackness of the night descends.” (Muslim)
It is also recommended to cover food and drink, and close the doors and curtains of the house at Maghrib time.
The Prophet said:
“Cover your dishes, close your containers, shut your doors, and keep your children indoors at nightfall, for the Jinn are out and about and stalking.” (Al-Bukhari)
In all things, the Prophet (peace be upon him) gave us the best and most complete advice. The Prophet Muhammad is the best of examples with regards to protecting our children from the evil in this world.

Adhere to his Sunnah and it will be sufficient insha’Allah.

Sources:
https://ibraheemtoyhouse.com.
https://aboutislam.net/.../5-prophetic-ways-protect.../

Please share...

TitanKenneth
VIP VIP

January 25th, 2021, 1:58 am

nice write up :tu:
Follow me on facebook "Titan Kenneth".
https://mobile.facebook.com/profile.php ... speed_dial
Joemiles
Senior