What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin?

Religions news and discussions, beliefs, superstitions, morality, ethics and related topics
Comment
makavelli25
VIP VIP

October 25th, 2020, 12:28 pm

Matthew 12:31-32

"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."

What really constitutes this unforgivable sin? This is a fearful sin nobody would want to commit, right? Because Jesus Himself said that such sin cannot be forgiven either in this world or in the world to come. Today, I would like to shed light on this unforgivable sin and the responsibility of every human being born on this earth. What is the unforgivable sin? If someone says to someone who is speaking in strange tongues, "Shut up!". Does it mean he has committed the unforgivable sin? If someone criticizes prophets and pastors, has he committed the unforgivable sin? Because of this many Christians are afraid of speaking up against all these false miracles, signs, prophecies being propagated by these ministers. I know they think this way because of the scenario that led Jesus to talk about the unforgivable sin. In verse 24 it is written "Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”
This is exactly what gave people the misconceptions of the unforgivable sin. What led the Pharisees to utter those words? It because they didn't believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and their long awaited Messiah. In order words, they didn't believe in the Word of God. It is from the heart the mouth speaks, and God looks at the heart and not just spoken words (1 Samuel 16:7).
In verse 25 it written "But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand." That Jesus knew their "thoughts", means Jesus knew their unbelieving hearts, He considered their thoughts not just their spoken words.

Dear fellow Christians, the unforgivable sin is the sin of unbelief. Whosoever commits this one sin cannot be forgiven. Some sins like fornication, murder, theft etc committed out one's weakness can be forgiven. But this sin of unbelief in the gospel of salvation is an unforgivable sin, which one decidedly commits all the days of his life. I mean someone who does not believe in the gospel of Jesus today might believe tomorrow, so the sin of refusing to believe in the gospel of salvation of Jesus Christ till the very end is the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
Let's ponder on this for a moment, how can someone be forgiven when he refuses to believe in the way of salvation? If he commits adultery and has received the way of salvation, his sin is forgiven, if he commits murder and has received the gospel of salvation, his murder is forgiven. How then will he be forgiven when he has rejected the very gospel of salvation? Imagine a man drowning in the ocean, a boat man comes around him, straights forward his hand and says "Give me your hand, let me take you in to my boat", to rescue the drowning man inside his boat. If the drowning man consistently refuses to accept the help, if he insists, "Don't worry, I can swim myself out of this ocean", will he be saved? Absolutely not. Therefore, the very sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the sin of unbelief.
Let me explain this in greater details, Nicodemus came to Jesus by night for the fear of the Pharisees. He believed in Jesus but he wanted to learn more from Him, therefore he came to Him by night so that other Pharisees might not speak ill of him. He came to know the way of salvation which other Pharisees rejected. What did Jesus say to him?
He said “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." (John 3:5).
This very gospel of the water and the Spirit is the only way to enter the kingdom of God, so rejecting this gospel till the end is the unforgivable sin. God the Father planned our salvation, God the Son fulfilled it by coming to this world wearing human flesh, have our sins transferred to his head during baptism, and paid the price for sins with His own blood on the cross and rose again the third day, having obtained eternal redemption for those who believe. What is then the work of God the Holy Spirit? It is to bear witness of this gospel. 1 John 5:6
"This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth."
Therefore anyone who refuses to believe in the witness of the Holy Spirit that Jesus Christ came by the water of His baptism and the blood of His crucifixion cannot be forgiven either in this world or in the world to come

Please share...

redeem and buy coins at a very good rate. just send a message,I reply in seconds
NiceGuy
Senior

October 25th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Tough question
I'm really not that nice... :mrgreen:
FIDELIS144
Senior

October 25th, 2020, 12:46 pm

Good question.
You can be who you are if you know your worth.
Coded20
VIP VIP

August 1st, 2021, 4:16 pm

Interesting..
No Love💔 In The City Just Make Money🤑 And Pray Not To Die Young🙏
Comment
  • See also...
    Comments
    Views
    Last post
  • Information