Barty suffers shock defeat in first round of Olympics

Sports And Athletics News, Fixtures, Results and Discussions, Leagues in Nigeria, Africa, Games, Competitions, Gaming and Related Topics, Premiership and Championship, Cups
Comment
Horlar626
VIP VIP

July 25th, 2021, 8:15 am

World number one Ashleigh Barty crashed out of the Olympics women’s singles tennis tournament in the opening round on Sunday, losing 6-4, 6-3 to Spain’s Sara Sorribes Tormo.

Barty, the reigning Wimbledon champion, dropped serve twice in each set as 48th-ranked Sorribes Tormo made just five unforced errors to the Australian’s 27 to earn a shock win.

“It’s an amazing feeling, I still can’t believe it,” said Sorribes Tormo, who will go on to face France’s Fiona Ferro in the second round.

“It’s something incredible for me. It’s something that I’ve been dreaming of all my life, being here and even more so beating the world number one. I’m super, super happy.”
While Barty’s bid to become the first Australian singles gold medallist in tennis ended prematurely, she and partner Storm Sanders are through to the second round of the women’s doubles.

Barty could potentially come up against Sorribes Tormo again in the quarter-finals of that competition. Sorribes Tormo and Paula Badosa are in first-round action later on Sunday.
https://punchng.com/barty-suffers-shock ... -olympics/
Screenshot_20210725-081401.png

Please share...

the sun is rising :thnk: :thnk:
Coded20
VIP VIP

July 25th, 2021, 8:24 am

Go home be that
No Love💔 In The City Just Make Money🤑 And Pray Not To Die Young🙏
Comment
  • See also...
    Comments