10 Reasons You Don’t Have (or Won’t) Have A Job

Discussions and tips on job search and interviews, and experiences
Comment
nuesednutlofa
Senior

July 2nd, 2021, 11:32 am

Many people get frustrated with the job application process that they ask “Why am I unemployed?”. The answer is not really straightforward but it can be obvious.
Well, these are some reasons why you don’t have a job.

1. You Are Unrealistic

It might also be that your demand is the reason you don’t have a job.
You might dream of starting that job that will afford you the opportunity to visit Seychelles, cruise aboard a yacht or drive the latest Rolls Royce. While those dreams are not bad, hardly will you find an entry job that will pay you enough to afford those things.
If you truly desire a job, get out of dreamlife and go get a job in real life.

2. You Don’t Follow Instructions

When organisations or recruiting agencies post job listing, it is not unusual to see thousands of candidates applying for the job. But most of the applicants do not always follow instructions.

For instance, you might see a job posting saying you should add a snippet about yourself for why you want the job. The best thing to do, if you want the job, is to follow the instructions. But some of you will not.

So, how do you think your potential boss will feel when you didn’t adhere to instructions before you’re even given the job.

3. You Don’t Have Any Experience

Yes. The most job posting has unrealistic demands in terms of experience, but you need to at least have a little experience in the job you are applying for.

Take it for instance that you want to hire a housekeeper and the housekeeper has never cleaned a house once, will you hire the housekeeper? The answer is no.

Try to get at least a little experience in the job you are applying for. Look for internship opportunities or even volunteer. This will give you a little edge during the job application process.

4. Your Job Doesn’t Exist

Your job title might be what is the problem not you or lack of jobs.

One of my mentors studied Political Science at the university. After many years of looking for a job, he decided to go learn a skill that he used to secure a job.

The truth is some career might not exist in where you live. For instance, there are some countries that s3x therapist will make a living. Your job (before you secure the real job) is to get a valuable skill set for the job.
Screenshot_20210702-113129.png
5. Your Curriculum Vitae Is Poor

Your CV or resume, depending on which side of the pond you are, can mar or make your job application process.

Some CVs are just thrashy. It’s either they do not show the experience of the applicant or they have unnecessary stuff there. Do you think anyone will have time to go through your 10-page CV when there are thousands of other applications?

Only put relevant details in your CV. A good rule of thumb is to ask yourself “If I’m the manager of this company, will I hire someone who has this CV?”.

6. You Are Always Late

Your effort at maintaining lateness can be a major factor for you not having a job.

You might see a job application that needs you to apply for, but you delay it until the last minute. It might even be that you never go to your interview centre on time.

When you keep making lateness a lifestyle, it will disorganise your life in the worst way imaginable.

7. You Have Anger Issues

You might think that people hate you that’s why you don’t have a job. If you are thinking this way, it might be probable that you have anger issues.

It’s easy to spot an angry person from a far place. Try to work on your anger. Everyone can if they want to.

You should not allow anger to stop you from getting your dream job.

8. Your Attitude Sucks
A bad attitude might be the reason you do not have a job.

Some people who might want to help you with the hiring process will dismiss you because of your attitude. Besides, a good interviewer will be able to notice someone who has a bad attitude during the interview.

Try to maintain a good attitude. Do not look down on anyone. That way people will like to work with you or recommend you to others.

9. Nobody Like Cover Letter
Your cover letter should introduce you to the organisation you are applying to. However, it’s no news that most applicants write a cover letter that makes the recruiter pukes while reading it.

I have seen a cover letter that made me swear. In fact, most of the times it’s the poor cover letters that I come across more than the good ones.

Work on your writing skills or better still, hire someone who can write good cover letters.

10. Stress is Taking Its Toll on You
You might be passing through a lot of things. Frankly, everyone does at a point in their lives. But you should not let it have control over you.

No organisation will like to hire anyone that's stressed out. Try to manage your stress in the best way possible. Get a therapist or a doctor if it’s something that you can’t manage yourself.

Please share...

RainMoreDay Hiccupura3rd.
Everything Plus More....
Comment
  • See also...
    Comments
    Views
    Last post
  • Information