The 'Green Alternative' - Revolutionizing Nigerian Agric

Discussions on businesses and entrepreneurship: news, starting tips, ideas, challenges, proposals, plans
Comment
Erudite
Senior

August 17th, 2016, 10:44 am

To fast track the nation's agricultural drive as alternative to overdependence on oil as means of feeding the nation and t OK generate revenue, the Nigerian House of Representatives have passed four Agric bills into law. You will agree with me that Nigeria needs this now more than ever. There is this vital goal of diversification from oil.

The Bills:
One of the books will help in the production and distribution of quality non-adulterated fertilizers to farmers. This became necessary as fertilizer is important to achieve the self sustainability of food.

Another bill will help with food exportation as Nigeria is not only focusing on feeding herself, but also to earn income on exported goods.

Another bill will help give independence to the Seeds Council. This for sure will help cater for adequacy in the agro input sector.

We hope that with collective efforts, we can all as a nation work together to revolutionize the Agric sector.

Please share...

Emi
Senior

August 17th, 2016, 3:25 pm

Good one.
I'm sekxy and I know it... :w':
Erudite
Senior

August 19th, 2016, 8:51 pm

The new Nigeria Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP) also know as the “Green Alternative” is a strategy that focuses on solving the core issues at the heart of limited food production and delivery of quality standards. As productivity improves domestically and standards are raised for all Nigerian food production, export markets will also benefit impacting positively on Nigeria’s balance of payments. Given limited resources and the importance of delivering sustainable results, the Federal Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development (FMARD) in consultation with partners has identified an initial pool of crops and related activities that will be Nigeria’s path to tackling the aforementioned gaps.

FMARD will prioritize improving productivity into a number of domestically focused crops and activities. These are rice, wheat, maize, fish (aquaculture), dairy milk, soya beans, poultry, horticulture (fruits and vegetables), and sugar. Nigeria believes that the gap can be closed by partnering closely with private investors across farmer groups and companies to develop end to end value chain solutions. These chains will receive facilitated government support as they make deep commitments to engaging a new generation of farmers, improving supply of specialized fertilizers and protection chemicals, as well as wider scale use of high yielding seeds. In addition, Nigeria expects to work with investors to sharply improve the distribution system for fresh foods so as to reduce time to table, reduce post-harvest losses, and overall improve nutritional outcomes e.g. lowering of diabetic risk, stunting risk, etc.
Download the full FMARD document here: http://fmard.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/ ... _Final.pdf
TitanKenneth
VIP VIP

May 10th, 2021, 2:04 am

okay.
Follow me on facebook "Titan Kenneth".
https://mobile.facebook.com/profile.php ... speed_dial
Gloria50
VIP VIP

May 26th, 2021, 9:39 pm

Okay :thnk:
Telephone
yaroummu