10-year-old Nigerian Boy becomes America’s Chess Master

Join the Chess Club forum. Share your passion. Everything Chess!
Comment
NiceGuy
Senior

May 4th, 2021, 5:20 am

A 10-year-old Nigerian boy known as Tani Adewumi has become the Nation Chess Master in the United States of America.

Tani Adewumi who is genius in the game of chess claimed the title despite being a refugee in the United States.
10-year-old-Nigerian-kid-becomes-Americas-chess-champion.jpg
His first stint to stardom was when he won the New York State Chess Championship when he was living in homeless shelter at the age of 8.

Announcing his new achievement, a New York Times columnist known as Nicholas Kristof, who covered his story, proving for him a platform to grow, took to his twitter handle to celebrate the young champion.

He wrote on twitter:
“Remember Tani Adewumi, the Nigerian refugee kid I wrote about 2 years ago who won the NY State chess championship while in a homeless shelter?

“Now well housed (thanks to you readers!), he just won a championship and is officially a National Chess Master as a 10-yr-old 5th grader!
He explained that Tani is a reminder that talent is universal but opportunity is not.

He said:
“Tani is a reminder: Talent is universal, but opportunity is not. He was lucky that his homeless shelter was near a school with a chess program.

“It waived the chess club fees for him. He’s also a reminder that refugees enrich our country (I say that as the son of a refugee).
1388866019192500225 https://twitter.com/NickKristof/status/ ... 192500225/

Please share...

I'm really not that nice... :mrgreen:
Horlar626
VIP VIP

May 4th, 2021, 5:23 am

Wow! Such a talented boy
the sun is rising :thnk: :thnk:
Comment
  • See also...
    Comments
    Views