Seven (7) Must-Have Business Qualities For Business Success

Discussions on businesses and entrepreneurship: news, starting tips, ideas, challenges, proposals, plans
Comment
Boma
Senior

April 29th, 2012, 5:12 pm

Business, business, business.... In a generation where revolution moves so fast even at the speed of light, different inventions, improvement of already long existing inventions, anyone venturing into or already in business must think and act fast with the revolution. It is a common say that if you buys something new and latest, you should not rest on the fact that it is latest because while the thought of using a latest is radiating in your head, so is a means of creating an improvement of that same product radiating in the head of the maker if it is not already in process.
business-1.jpg
It is a well known fact that while some businesses start with little and become so large today, so are some other businesses that started big or small crashed in the first few years of their start.
Building a business starts from the mind and the sustenance or crash comes afterwards. Every business that starts, sole proprietorship, partnership or public sharing businesses and the rest will always be aimed at becoming larger irrespective of how it starts, small or large.

The success and failure of businesses follows the principle of living a life. As there are qualities to living a good and successful life, so is business.
http://bestnaija.ng/entrepreneurs- ... s-f15.html
For a business plan in mind or operational to grow to the level of success and relevance, here are the ‘must have’ qualities.

1. AMBITION AND DRIVE
This sure gives the energy needed to hurdle obstacle and tackle the seemingly impossible tasks – Perseverance.
The problem with most businesses in plan or growing businesses is the lack of preparation for possible challenges. A business that focuses only on the benefits attached to it and not the equivalent challenges is destined for failure. Being proactive majorly about the challenges ahead and ambitious sure generates a strong attitude and drive in tackling even unexpected challenges.

2. DISCIPLINED WORK ETHICS AND HIGH STANDARD FOR QUALITY:
This includes traits such as honesty, integrity and a concern for people. A business that cares more about how much it would make rather than what people will feel is liable to crash.
Quality must be a watchword of every businesses. A business cannot grow large if it lacks quality in service rendering or production. It is often said, quality product or service attracts big people.
One has to be disciplined to attain this standard. And this must be impacted on employees in the business. 80% of your time should be focused on running the business following good work ethics and not let the business run you.

3. COURAGE AND ACTION ORIENTATION:
Optimism in taking risks and preparation for whatever comes afterwards makes a good business. While you are so optimistic about a risk, so should the mind be prepared for possible disappointments and moving on without fear or emotional breakdown. Courage is not a feeling, it is a decision. –Being not afraid of failing.
And bear in mind that there is no unique business. Every business already exists and still operational by others. Remember lots of people must have been in the business before you. There must sure be competitors. Rather than make those competitions discourage you, develop an active orientation of pushing back and harder than they push at you.

4. SELF CONFIDENCE:
It is also known as the RIGHT ATTITUDE. It allows you to adhere to the fulfillment of your goals every minute of the day because you are confident that you will obtain a good result. It also gives the ability to take responsibilities, proactiviness to figure out ways to avoid poor results and the ability to make decisions regardless of popular opinions in accordance with your business vision knowing what the end result will look like.

5. A CREATIVE MIND :
An ability to “think on one’s feet” and change easily when necessary. This is a key component to success. Thinking outside the box –beyond the imagination of others pushes any business to greater heights ahead of competitors. Creativity is like a talent. Not everyone possess it. One does not have to be conceptual to attain success. If you cannot create your own concept, you can always build and improve on other people’s concept. No one lacks all.

6. A COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR GIFTS/STRENGTHS/TALENTS AND BEHAVIOURAL STYLE
When you discover yourself more than anyone else, you will be able to control the situations you allow yourself to be involved in. As stated above, not everyone is conceptual. But one can build on others’ concepts. And when you know others more than they know themselves, you will be able to take the right approach when working with them.
When someone knows you better than yourself, you will always find yourself in a ‘mess’ wandering how you got there.

7. THE DESIRE TO UNDERSTAND AND HELP PEOPLE:

Putting peoples’ need above your own is one great quality of making a business successful as described in No 2. When you help people WIN in a unique way, you will get what you need as a result. Give to people what they need in a good and entertaining style and positive relationship, and they will come back at your door next day to request for another and also verbally advertise you without paying them. This will sure accelerate your success. ‘Soft Skills are more important than ‘Technical Skills’.

Get up, if you have a business in the making, or an ongoing one, check those qualities respect them and move on. The sky is just the beginning. Meet you at the top.

Please share...

ade22
Senior

April 29th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Nice one. Bravo! :good:
I am who I am...
Sisi eko
Junior

May 1st, 2012, 12:18 pm

Business is the only route to financial freedom.
Boma
Senior

June 5th, 2012, 6:34 pm

Business 'Entrepreneurship'. Thats the key!
Erudite
Senior

November 2nd, 2013, 6:11 am

Nicely put. Wishing everyone freedom.

Boma
Senior

September 23rd, 2014, 8:26 am

Nothing like it! - Freedom. You are not rich until u are able to accomplish some financial tasks without thinking (how much it will cost because the money or the flow of your income is in multiple).
dupzzybabe

September 28th, 2014, 7:18 pm

creative ideas can turn mr nobody to mr somebody.
ItuGlobal
Senior

February 26th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Now a question; Why do many of these businesses fail?
dlvps
Junior

March 27th, 2016, 7:37 am

ItuGlobal wrote:Now a question; Why do many of these businesses fail?
Fail due to many reason like they do not follow this all 7 points or do not have a enough money and start business without backup money.

No plan = no future.
Purchase a Cheap Windows VPS with RDP from Dewlance.com
blessedblae

June 26th, 2016, 5:48 pm

This is really a good one and it is beneficial to me
blessedblae

June 26th, 2016, 5:49 pm

This is really a good one and it is beneficial to me
Marinad
Junior

October 25th, 2019, 9:06 am

These business tips are really interesting. I have read this information and I can say that it can be useful. And start-ups and experienced people can take advantage of these tips.
Marinad
Junior

October 28th, 2019, 11:12 am

You should to develop your business! A businessman should not stand still! Progress is not in place, new technologies are emerging. You have to bring it into your field of activity. It is clear that everything depends on the funds. But you can get credit for business. This is profitable, because your income will increase! You can get fast business loan. Use it for developing your business!
eMade
VIP VIP

May 2nd, 2020, 2:04 pm

Sorry guys I dug this up. Its evergreen. :mrgreen:
Learn more about ✓ VIP Members: https://www.bestnaija.ng/61848 ✓ Referral: https://www.bestnaija.ng/62508
Speedster BarryAllen
Senior

May 2nd, 2020, 2:08 pm

eMade wrote:Sorry guys I dug this up. Its evergreen. :mrgreen:
uh :shkd: what do you mean?
eMade
VIP VIP

May 2nd, 2020, 2:11 pm

Speedster BarryAllen wrote:
I mean its very old topic. But the content is evergreen and useful anytime.
Learn more about ✓ VIP Members: https://www.bestnaija.ng/61848 ✓ Referral: https://www.bestnaija.ng/62508
Speedster BarryAllen
Senior

May 2nd, 2020, 2:13 pm

eMade wrote:
I mean its very old topic. But the content is evergreen and useful anytime.
:thnk: yes very useful,. Bestnaija told me to contact them to get the 500 bucks, is it fake?
eMade
VIP VIP

May 2nd, 2020, 2:15 pm

Speedster BarryAllen wrote: yes very useful,. Bestnaija told me to contact them to get the 500 bucks, is it fake?
Off-topic comments are disallowed. Warned.
Speedster BarryAllen
Senior

May 2nd, 2020, 2:19 pm

eMade wrote:
Speedster BarryAllen wrote: yes very useful,. Bestnaija told me to contact them to get the 500 bucks, is it fake?
fine I'll leave, I joined 50 minutes ago and needed help and you just warned me. Something tells me that this site is fake
makavelli25
VIP VIP

May 2nd, 2020, 2:39 pm

eMade wrote:
fine I'll leave, I joined 50 minutes ago and needed help and you just warned me. Something tells me that this site is fake
No bro. You can contact her in pm for anything
I assure you she will reply
Have a wonderful time here
redeem and buy coins at a very good rate. just send a message,I reply in seconds
ade22
Senior

October 10th, 2020, 6:31 pm

:clap:
I am who I am...
progress
Junior

November 4th, 2020, 9:55 am

okay.
Are You Thinking To Be My Bestie:thnk:
progress
Junior