The Incorruptible Judge: Episode 8

This is the meet-up forum for members of Bestnaija Book Club.

Meet up, discuss books, recommend books, criticize books, share books, and much more.
Comment
AK Horsfall
VIP VIP

May 6th, 2017, 2:43 pm

The Incorruptible Judge: Episode 8.

*Still in the judge's house*

Mama Tunji enters in the sitting room and greeted her father and his friend.

MAMA TUNJI: Good evening, father. [Curtseying.] Good evening, Mr. Agbalowomeri. [Offering him her hand.] So you have come after all?

AGBALOWOMERI: [much embarrassed]: Yes, but....

MAMA TUNJI: Don't mention that. Come and have something to drink.

DURODAYO: We are in a hurry. Another time. We just wish to bid you good night.

MAMA TUNJI: Good night.

BOTH: Good night. [They leave the house downcast.]

JUDGE: So they have been here once?

MAMA TUNJI: No, darling. My father sent for me and told me to askj you to take a lenient view of the case of his best friend when he appears before you, next Wednesday.

JUDGE: What did you tell him?

MAMA TUNJI: I said you wouldn't hear of it. Then he tried to give me twenty-five guineas to give you. I refused it. I told him that you never take a bribe. He was furious with me. Then he said they themselves would come and see you.

JUDGE: [relieved]: I thank you very much. I know i can always rely on your integrity and honesty. If the citade of justice is corrupt, what will happen to the body politic? It will be completely rotten and collapse. I am only sorry i have had to refuse your father's request.

MAMA TUNJI: Not at all. If he chooses to make unreasonable requests, then there is nothing we can do about it.

JUDGE: I am very glad you take this view of it. [There is a knock at the door]. At this time of the day? Who is that?

The door opens and the houseboy enters.

To be continued......

Please share...

I'm a living success and from a Royal Priesthood.
Comment
  • Information