Bestnaija Vs Naija: 2 Different Paths on Gambling and Cryptos?

Nigeria Money, Nigeria Banks and Banking, Stocks and Forex, Nigerian Stock Market, Currencies, Loans And Related Topics
Comment
Erudite
Senior

April 4th, 2021, 8:05 am

Bestnaija is an online community of majorly Naija people. The community obviously has its norms and policies on many issues. See example:

Politics: Bestnaija maintains an apolitical (politically neutral) position and it discourages politically motivated discussions and hot arguments or sentiments. It does not meddle in politics and takes no sides in politics. See street no. https://bestnaija.ng/33. More reason it does not have a politics section. Only News section.

But this thread is not about Politics. Its about two other things that directly or indirectly affect us all: Gambling and Cryptocurrencies. And on these two issues, Bestnaija and Naija seem to have taken apparently opposite positions. How?
cryptocoin-vs-gambling.jpg
1. GAMBLING
Bestnaija hates gambling and discourages all forms of gambling, sports betting topics and promotions and adverts. Even even when the betting companies bring mouth-watering offers to advertise with banners, pop-ups etc, its always a NO. That is just the community policy. Bestnaija believes Gambling does more harm than good to the bettors. And that Gambling can be addictive. Gambling and betting discussions etc are banned here.

On the contrary, Naija allows the Gambling industry to thrive. Thriving so much that those companies swim in oceans of the citizens' moneys. These companies rake in so much that even the commissions/taxes to be remitted to the govt are so mouth-watering. But at what expense? The moneys of the citizens. The 100 here, the 5000 there. All raked together. Only few winners. And more citizens are wallowing in poverty. The real sector is shrinking and struggling while the gambling industry is thriving. What a mess.

We should ask: why do some countries ban gambling? Is the gambling industry doing any good to the youths and their future?

Can we all ?

CRYPTO-CURRENCIES
Naija's apex bank recently issued ultimatum to all commercial banks to go as far as close the accounts of every customer found to deal in Cryptos. Many bank accounts were closed. You remember? Since then, many citizens have found alternative ways to do crypto trading in Naija: peer-to-peer, etc.

However, Bestnaija understands the power of the Blockchain technology of the 'future' that is here upon us. This tech will most likely drive banking itself soon. Blockchain is so powerful that it not only can power cryptos, it also has applications in many ramifications of life even including Medicine.
Crypto-currencies are getting more global acceptance: Tesla, Paypal, Visa and so on. Therefore, rather than ban everything about it, Bestnaija encourages discussions about this tech and its innovations, the possibilities and more. This future is upon us and it cannot be stopped. Why not learn about it rather than fear it or run away from it?

On the above two topics, I'm able to find these two entities (Naija and Bestnaija) on different ends.

These are just my personal opinions. What do you think?

Please share...

Bash888
Senior

April 4th, 2021, 8:23 am

What a great idea
eMade
VIP VIP

April 4th, 2021, 8:44 am

Beautiful article. I think we should push this to the Blog section. :clap: :clap:
Learn more about ✓ VIP Members: https://www.bestnaija.ng/61848 ✓ Referral: https://www.bestnaija.ng/62508
Debunie
Senior

April 4th, 2021, 8:52 am

eMade wrote:Beautiful article. I think we should push this to the Blog section. :clap: :clap:
move it also to the fb page
Am a human what are you.
yaroummu
VIP VIP

April 4th, 2021, 7:27 pm

Gambling is bad
Cool me
makavelli25
VIP VIP

April 4th, 2021, 10:57 pm

Wow
This is inspiring
redeem and buy coins at a very good rate. just send a message,I reply in seconds
Comment
  • See also...
    Comments
    Views
    Last post
  • Information