Can I live to be 300 years old?

Science And Technology news, Latest Discoveries, Innovations and breakthroughs and discussions.
Comment
ItuGlobal
Senior

March 27th, 2019, 12:58 pm

Do you think anyone alive today will still be alive in 300 years?

Yes.

As predicted by Ray Kurzweil, chief engineer at Google, the solution to immortality is a strategy of a bridge to a bridge to a bridge.

The first step is doing things now to slow down aging. Exercise, eating a proper diet, getting preventative medical checkups, watching your weight, and taking your medications, along with supplements for people over 35.

Second step is that companies in Silicon Valley are working on anti-aging drugs. These will help people live longer by prolonging the period of youthfulness. In the background the technology of brain scanning, A.I., and other technologies are increasing exponentially.

Exponential growth is difficult for the human mind to understand. We are used to linear thinking, such as 1, 2, 3, etc. The graph above shows the exponential growth of computing.

It is predicted that by 2045 human beings will be able to upload their minds into a computer.

We are a collection of cells. But every seven years or so those cells are replaced. But we don’t notice. We consider ourselves still “us.” The reason is that we are patterns of consciousness. So long as that is not interrupted, the “us” remains.

Imagine getting in a car accident and your limbs need to be amputated. Then you might get prosthetic limbs. If these were connected to our nerves and electronic, as some now are, these limbs would feel a part of us. Our brains even rewire to make this feel true. Nobody would say that the real you isn’t there anymore.

Imagine you have Parkinson’s Disease. A brain implant is placed that helps regulate your tremors. You are still “you,” right? Of course. Next let’s say your brain was damaged in another area. Another implant. By replacing each biological part with a hardware one, we still consider ourselves the same person. In the future this will be done but in a far more sophisticated manner. Nanobots are being developed which are microscopic computers. These can fit together to work as replacements for organic structures. If we are slowly retrofitted with hardware to replace our biological pieces we retain our consciousness, but eventually we would become ourselves but with a hardware body. The substrate has changed, but the fundamental person has not. These hardware bodies could be repaired.

If you didn’t want to go this route there are biological treatments in the works. Treatments to reduce aging, replace failed organs, and rejuvenate old cells are all being developed.

Children born today are likely to live 300 years if they so choose. I would choose it. Death is a horrible loss. Kurzweil is right to say that death is a tremendous loss. All your memories, all your experiences, all you can share, all those connections with loved ones are lost. There is nothing good about death. There is nothing beautiful. That is just what we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better. As humans we overcome problems. Overcoming death is perhaps the most important problem we will ever solve.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Do-you-think-anyo ... -300-years
livefirever.png

Please share...

Buy and sell Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: http://www.ituglobalfx.com.ng
Tec
Senior

March 27th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Very insightful. :clap:
I buy & trade in Bestnaija βCoins. Any amount. PM me. :w:
AK Horsfall
VIP VIP

March 27th, 2019, 8:05 pm

Worth Reading
I'm a living success and from a Royal Priesthood.
Deon
VIP VIP

July 4th, 2019, 9:53 pm

....still thinking!
An eye for an eye left thousands blind,
remember that......
Tec
Senior

August 13th, 2019, 7:33 am

I appreciate the way you feel about death. Death is our common enemy. Only God can save us
I buy & trade in Bestnaija βCoins. Any amount. PM me. :w:
TitanKenneth
VIP VIP

November 16th, 2020, 10:35 am

:shkd:
Follow me on facebook "Titan Kenneth".
https://mobile.facebook.com/profile.php ... speed_dial
Dube
VIP VIP

March 16th, 2021, 10:23 pm

Wow
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chukwubunna
Twitter- https://www.twitter.com/@Lucky87284882
green20
VIP VIP

March 17th, 2021, 12:29 am

What God has keep in place, no man can change it.
"We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right."
Raskall

March 17th, 2021, 7:53 am

green20 wrote:What God has keep in place, no man can change it.
We brought death upon ourselves by eating that forbidden fruit! :what:
Comment
  • See also...
    Comments
    Views
    Last post
  • Information