TRENDS: Things that will happen after Covid-19 lockdown is over

Literature, online surveys, research, academia, online questionnaires, knowledge sharing, polls, projects, theses, seminars and presentations.
Comment
ItuGlobal
Senior

April 2nd, 2020, 6:36 pm

10 Ways Society Could Change in the “New Normal”
images - 2020-04-02T185628.715~2.jpeg
A) Remote work

Up to 44% of workers can potentially work from home. With concerns of a second wave of the virus, I think most of these workers will continue working from home.

B) Remote learning

About 1.5 billion students around the world have been forced to not go to school and to start remotely learning at home.

Guess what? It turns out college didn't really need us to be on campus after all! Who would've thought?

Anyone who comes up with a new business model in online learning is going to be a big winner. One small investment of mine, Teachable, an online learning site, just sold for $250 million right in the middle of this crisis.

C) Telemedicine & teletherapy

I see my therapist via Zoom now.

D) Drones

For delivery.

E) Robotics

For medicine (a robot treating a patient can't get coronavirus) and for disinfecting surfaces.

F) Delivery

Every delivery company is going to surge. Postmates just became the latest new sponsor of my podcast because they know to strike now.

G) Less spending

This month I only spent money on food for my family. Nothing else. I haven't even changed my clothes in three days. Which is probably why I'm the only one in the living room right now as I type this.

Less spending will continue for a while even though people will have extra money from the stimulus bill. Expect luxury items to come down.

H) Content is KING

More people creating podcasts, writing books, making TikTok videos. And more people spending on content. Less spending on going to movies or big events or (sadly) comedy clubs.

I'm thinking about new business models for curating content across many platforms.

I) Virtual meetups

Have you been invited to a Zoom cocktail party yet? This is like an introvert's dream. I can go to a party and also be by myself without feeling like a weirdo. BOOM!

Possible business model: allowing people to list live virtual events and invite the public. An aggregation/curation tool for Zoom events.

J) Airlines, hotels, Airbnb, cars, tourism, travel in general, real estate in urban areas… not so good

Three weeks ago I was in the Netherlands, performing all over the country.

Today, I am glad I'm home.

- James Altucher

Please share...

Buy and sell Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: http://www.ituglobalfx.com.ng
Bestnaija
Senior

April 2nd, 2020, 6:52 pm

:clap:
Amazing and concise. There's still more to come especially in the cyber space. Watch out.
Welcome to Bestnaija.ng Community...
Hotsaint
VIP VIP

April 2nd, 2020, 7:12 pm

I love this :mrgreen: :lol;
Stream my latest song
https://open.spotify.com/artist/5nGO87k ... =copy-link
the flash
Senior

April 5th, 2020, 7:42 pm

[quote="Hotsaint"]I love this :mrgreen: :lol;[/quote me too
Edwardo
Senior

April 13th, 2020, 2:51 pm

I'm liking this already
I'm the future flash ⚡⚡⚡ don't try me. I'm a ban free member on bestnaija.com
Edwardo
Senior

Hotsaint wrote:I love this :mrgreen: :lol;
me too
Edwardo
Senior

Bestnaija wrote::clap:
Amazing and concise. There's still more to come especially in the cyber space. Watch out.
:good: okay
TitanKenneth
VIP VIP

January 25th, 2021, 3:16 am

you saw the future :yrc:
Follow me on facebook "Titan Kenneth".
https://mobile.facebook.com/profile.php ... speed_dial
Comment
  • See also...
    Comments
    Views