Help. Fb Addiction Is Killing Me

Fashion News, Trends, Nigerian fashion, cultures, family, styles, clothing, Africa and Worldwide
Comment
psychic
Junior

July 4th, 2010, 8:44 pm

How can I deal with fb addiction? I discover I spend too much time than necessary on that social networking site. I barely have time for more important things!
What can I do?

Please share...

Not All Psychologists Eventually Go Mad Like Me! :dancer:
Erudite
Senior

July 5th, 2010, 2:11 pm

Clues that you are addicted:
Please note that the sites themselves are not the problem; disconnection from real life is. People put best face forward on fb.
The problems arise when users ignore family and work obligations because they find the site world a more enjoyable place to spend time than the real world.
Many people check fb first thing when they wake up, and then as many as seven times while at work, and then again when they get home and one more time before going to sleep. If you've been keeping count, that's about 10 times a day! Flirting with men and meeting up with old schoolmates among the favorite activities.
These sites are fun, pleasant, happy, beautiful world. People only present the crème de la crème of their lives there. And these people want to be your friends! It's very seductive.

You know you're an addict when ...
1. You lose sleep over it
If you're staying up late at night because you're on fb, and you're tired the next day, fb may be a compulsion for you. You shouldn't be neglecting yourself because of fb.

2. You spend more than an hour a day online

3. You become obsessed with old loves
Reconnecting with old friends is one of the great attractions of fb, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with "friending" an old boyfriend or girlfriend. But it can get out of hand very quickly.
A victim met up with an old boyfriend online. They started spending hours and hours into the night talking to each other online. She made some really inappropriate comments about how unhappy she was in her marriage. Her cousin saw the comments and told her parents, and the parents told the husband, and now they're in the process of getting divorced.

4. You ignore work in favor of it
If you're not doing your job in order to sneak time online, you could have a real problem.

5. The thought of getting offline leaves you in a cold sweat

All that matters is maturity and self control. Enjoy your day
ebong
Senior

July 5th, 2010, 3:15 pm

WOW! THIS IS SO REAL!
PLS WHATS THE WAY OUT?
I'm the world's sexiest!
olorioko
Senior

July 9th, 2010, 12:53 pm

How to Stop That Addiction
Are you addicted? I know I am. It starts of with a simple exploration of your friends on the site and suddently you are logging on 10 times a day to see if any of your friends have made updates to their profile, changed their relationship status or have posted new videos or articles. Suddenly you are glued to your computer monitor. So maybe your addiction isn’t that bad but apparently enough people are addicted.

Here are few steps to help:

1. Admit you have a problem - This sounds like the first step to any other addiction. It is suggested that you ask yourself “What did I just accomplish by online?” Ha! If only I had that much self-control over addiction. Well, at least I admit to it!
2. Define your goals for going onlinek - Hmm … I never really had any goals going online. Although maybe my goal should be to reach 5,000 friends. That surely would get me to login more frequently. Once you catch yourself going off track, log off. If only it was that easy!
3. Make a Schedule - Seriously? If you find yourself scheduling it into your daily schedule, this should be a serious warning sign. After each goal, write down how much time and at what frequency you’ll need to be online to achieve that goal. Are they serious? Based on the calculations they suggested, you end up being online for 6 hours and 20 minutes a week. I think this is still a relatively significant amount of time, although I spend much more time on the site.
4. Think of other things you could be doing - Duh! This is a no brainer. I could be at the gym, socializing in the real world or a million other things but there is a reason I logged on in the first place. I’m starting to think that these suggestions are totally useless!
5. Leave? - This should have been number one! If you are spending way too much time online, quit cold turkey. It’s like having your cell phone turned off for 24 hours. Once you do it, you will realize how dependent you have become and think twice about your usage.
6. Find a substitute - This one is good. Is it taking up too much time? Find another site that isn’t as good! If you find you’re at a computer during critical relapse time, find another website to log onto and read instead.

So how much time do you spend online? Has it become an addiction for you? :mrgreen: Hope this will help.
eMade
VIP VIP

July 9th, 2010, 2:23 pm

wow! This is really helpful. Thanks guys
Learn more about ✓ VIP Members: https://www.bestnaija.ng/61848 ✓ Referral: https://www.bestnaija.ng/62508
Thracy

July 10th, 2010, 5:55 pm

This is beautiful! Many people are addicted but are not ready to admit. Some are also very careless with vital information online. Some got their career or marriage ruined. I hope we learn before its too late. Abo oro laa so f'omoluwabi....
eMade
VIP VIP

July 11th, 2010, 10:35 pm

You are very right.
Learn more about ✓ VIP Members: https://www.bestnaija.ng/61848 ✓ Referral: https://www.bestnaija.ng/62508
Banke

July 24th, 2010, 11:59 am

I used to be addicted to FB I had to close my Personal Account and re-registerd as my Website (SO I M NOT AN ADDICT)

Addiction is a terrible habit.
http://www.nigeriabestjobs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; For Latest Jobs in Nigeria
Na So?
Junior

August 17th, 2010, 6:22 am

Banke wrote:I used to be addicted to FB I had to close my Personal Account and re-registerd as my Website (SO I M NOT AN ADDICT)
Addiction is a terrible habit.
Man, thats a great step! I think setting the proper priorities will help greatly. Imagine a jobseeker who spends 4 out of the 5 hours he buys @ a cybercafe on fb! Gosh! He's merely wasting away his life! Addiction is deadly! Wake up!
My own son threatened shooting me if I ever touch her mother's buubs again! OMG! :-o :what:
eugyno
Junior

October 8th, 2011, 3:36 am

that is the sad story of nigerian youths today,especially the girls .It is either BB,Fb or reality tv shows and this is the reason for mass failure in WAEC,GCE,UTME etc
Salary is slavery no matter the amount you earn or your position naijahotbiz*lefora*com
NiceGuy
Senior

October 8th, 2011, 10:07 am

eugyno wrote:that is the sad story of nigerian youths today,especially the girls .It is either BB,Fb or reality tv shows and this is the reason for mass failure in WAEC,GCE,UTME etc
BB addiction combine with fb comes wit its own special life-time wasting swagger. See our youths pinging their lives away! Are these our leaders of 2moro? Our youths are merely easily distracted and are simply uselessssssss and it makes me worry

[ m ]
I'm really not that nice... :mrgreen:
molo
Junior

December 13th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Nice wrote:BB addiction combine with fb comes wit its own special life-time wasting swagger. S
hmmm? i like your syle!
We men rule d world... Women are our property....
Yommyunlimited

December 31st, 2011, 2:40 pm

Dont let fb and the rest of them take life away from you...i dont do fb or chatting when at work...but like to reward myself with them when in traffic or for some 30 min after work. I beleive this is healthy

[ m ]
Nothing is imposssible until u think it is!
TitanKenneth
VIP VIP

January 24th, 2021, 9:44 am

:lol;
Follow me on facebook "Titan Kenneth".
https://mobile.facebook.com/profile.php ... speed_dial
Comment
  • Information