The Born Again Devil: Episode 16.

This is the meet-up forum for members of Bestnaija Book Club.

Meet up, discuss books, recommend books, criticize books, share books, and much more.
Comment
AK Horsfall
VIP VIP

July 15th, 2017, 5:37 pm

The Born-Again Devil: Episode 16.

At the village square. The villagers gather on the invitation of the elders. The elders brief the assembly on the urgent need for them to storm the evil forest and deal ruthlessly with Mazi Nnadiwe. A war song is raised. Mazi Duru leads the way. (Mazi Nnadiwe comes out).

The uproar rouses him out from his lonely house. Fear grips him and he thinks of what to do as to escape the imminent danger. He dips his hand into his pocket and brings out a ring.

He stares at the ring and smiles. It is the ring Obioko the sorcerer has given him. The ring can serve a variety of evil purposes. He slips the ring into the middle finger of his left hand, and smiles again. The villagers are now before him.

Mazi Nnadiwe: (Confidently) What do you all want from me, my good people of Umukalla? (The uproar dies down. Mazi Duru waves them and there is a perfect silence. He walks like a giant to the fore front).

Mazi Duru: We have come for nothing but to take you along with us.

Mazi Nnadiwe: (surprised) For What?

Mazi Onyeiwu: (frowns) Nnadiwe, please we have not come to fight you. But the chief priest has said we should bring you for sacrifice. (He turns to his kinsmen to see if he is saying it right. They nod their heads in agreement). So that the disaster you've caused this village could stop. (He pauses) And as we believe, as a true-born Umukalla son, you would follow us to the chief priest's shrine for the sacrifice. (He pauses again) My people, isn't that true?

Villagers: (Roar in anger) Yes, it is true!

Mazi Duru: (collects a rope from one of the villagers. He glances at it. It is enough to tie Mazi Nnadiwe. He looks at Nnadiwe, who looks at him askance, Almost immediately. Mazi Nnadiwe's face becomes expressionless. He walks closer to Nnadiwe) Now, Nnadiwe, you had better stay calm and let me tie your hands.

Mazi Nnadiwe: Duru, go back! (Very sad now) Go back else you have yourself to blame. (Mazi Duru comes more closer. He is holding Mazi Nnadiwe by his right hand and trying to force his hands together). Duru leave me alone! I say leave me alone! (They struggle with one another. Mazi Nnadiwe slogs Mazi Duru's face with his fetish ring. Mazi Duru falls on the ground. Mazi Nnadiwe stares at his own middle finger. He has used the ring. He bends down). Mazi Duru! Mazi Duru! (The villagers flee the scene) Mazi Duru! Mazi Duru!

To be continued....

Is Mazi Duru really dead? What really happened after that? Watch out for Episode 17.

Please share...

I'm a living success and from a Royal Priesthood.
Comment
  • Information