Beware of your bank account! See new fraud and scam method used by fraudsters

Share your experiences with fraudsters, help others by alerting them of fraudulent signs, share mails, texts, calls etc suspected to be fraudulent with the aim of equiping others.
Comment
eMade
VIP VIP

August 27th, 2019, 6:29 am

Identity theft is a very bad thing. Especially when the stolen identity is used to perpetrate a fraudulent act. And when the regulators are coming they bounce on the real identity owner. Before investigation is concluded, the innocent may have suffered greatly.
scam-alert.jpg
What's worse than when the identity owner gives consent that his identity be used unknowingly? This time, it's bank account number. The frausdters, with the consent of the account owner, use the innocent victim's bank account to receive fraudulent money. They withdraw the money and the account account owner is left to face the wrath of the law. Wonder how? Read on.

How they do it.
Let's use a specific case. These guys camouflage as Canada visa or overseas travels agents. After advertising heavily, an unsuspecting victim approaches them for help with emigration. They promise they will help. But he needs to build the fund in his bank account to qualify.

But no alarm! We will build the Account for you.

So, they tell the naive person: go to bank A, open an account, collect your ATM card, activate it and bring everything to us. We will use the account on your behalf. We will run it adequately with our own funds. After some time, once we see the turnover is sufficient, viola! America here I come!

Wow! That sounds like a great idea! Someone who didn't know where to get fund to make his account suitably run enough will jump at this offer without thinking! And this is more reason why:

Embassy bottleneck
At Embassies, they verify applicant's account activity to be sure he's financially buoyant enough for the overseas travel. To boost their bank accounts, many resort to borrowings, some fake the activities on their accounts (they get caught), some resort to sponsors. And now, when the travel agent says: don't stress, I will put my own money in your account, that sounds like good news!

The danger!
These guys are no travel agents! They are scammers who know the implications of the BVN! They just want to use the victim's bank account to scam others and receive fraudulent or scam funds from other victims, use the collected ATM card to withdraw the funds and disappear. And when the EFCC or police are coming, all they see is the naive victim and evidence of his ATM card withdrawals!

And poof! The masterminds disappear into thin air!

That is Naïve!
Why would you allow someone to use your account for activities you don't know? That's lack of experience and proper thinking!

Never!
Never ever let someone you don't know or trust use your bank account to receive funds the purpose of which you do not know!

Nigerians beware!
Please note that your bank account is your identity too! You will be held responsible for anything done with your bank account!

Be wary of such scams!

One case I heard of led the naïve victim into the hands of EFCC. He's still there. But the bad guys are gone! Never to be seen again. And they still have his ATM card!

I hope we all get the trick and the lesson:

Safeguard your bank account! Safeguard your identity!

Yours truly,
For Bestnaija.ng

Please share...

Learn more about ✓ VIP Members: https://www.bestnaija.ng/61848 ✓ Referral: https://www.bestnaija.ng/62508
NiceGuy
Senior

August 27th, 2019, 7:01 am

:good: Good one!
I'm really not that nice... :mrgreen:
GodKnows
Junior

August 27th, 2019, 2:42 pm

That is no scam but mere wickedness :what: :what: . any activity that one wan 2 carry out without implicating fellow citizens can b done via cryptocurrency
naijapoets.com.ng is my relaxation centre. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol;
Dube
VIP VIP

August 14th, 2020, 4:19 pm

:shkd: scam everywhere
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chukwubunna
Twitter- https://www.twitter.com/@Lucky87284882
Comment
  • See also...
    Comments
    Views
    Last post