1. You may start by introducing yourself, welcoming new members and helping others. Introduce yourself here now.
2. NO SPAM! Spamming will only get you banned! - For all eternity! See what spam means here.
3. Obscene images and highly sexually oriented content are not encouraged!
4. Vulgar languages and sarcasm are a NO NO! You may not use dirty languages and insulting expressions.
5. Communicate in clear, concise language that will get your message across.
6. Post the right topic/discussion under the right section/category - Don't litter the place! (If unsure, post under General Discussions. The Sentinels (moderators) will move it appropriately.
7. Participate! It is strongly recommended that you communicate by posting new topics, responding to existing ones, voting in polls, chatting, writing on besties walls and private-messaging! We, Besties are here primarily to communicate!
8. You DON'T have the right to remain silent, because you are free to express your opinions. Silence will surely get you inactive and eventually banned! Seriously.
9. Respect other members, especially the staff, and most importantly, adore "The Creator!"
10. Update your profile information by choosing/uploading your Profile Picture PP), setting a signature and more! ( All these can be done @ your Profile Dashboard)
And many more to come....
Hoping you benefit greatly from your visit. Please feel free to contribute.
Bestnaija wrote:In addition to breaking our community rules found up here, the following can get you warning and/or banned from this community:
1. Posting in all Upper Case [CAPITAL LETTERS]: This is synonymous to shouting and we don't welcome that as its not appealing to the eyes.
2. Intentional Double/Multiple Posting: Simply make your post in the right section and interested ones are most likely to find it. Do not intentionally post same topic in different sections, it will get you banned.
3. Duplicate or multiple nested comments: this implies commenting after yourself just to earn coins - this will get you serious warnings.
Update: Now automatically disallowed.
NOTE: Each warning issued on Bestnaija costs 2.0 ßcoins automatically deducted from your wallet, and your balance can go to minus.
Multiple warnings will get you banned and several warnings record will prevent upgrade or survival into, or access to, the
If you mistakenly post a topic twice, edit the other one to something else meaningful. If you make a comment twice mistakenly, notify the admin. Deleting the post will reverse the earning.
The Bestnaija Community Global Policy Rules (Read)
Bestnaija's purpose is to serve the public conversation. Violence, harassment and other similar types of behavior discourage people from expressing themselves, and ultimately diminish the value of global public conversation. Our rules are to ensure all people can participate in the public conversation freely and safely.
Violence: You may not threaten violence against an individual or a group of people. We also prohibit the glorification of violence.
Terrorism/violent extremism: You may not threaten or promote terrorism or violent extremism.
Child sexual exploitation: We have zero tolerance for child sexual exploitation on Bestnaija.
Abuse/harassment: You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so. This includes wishing or hoping that someone experiences physical harm.
Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease.
Suicide or self-harm: You may not promote or encourage suicide or self-harm.
Sensitive media, including graphic violence and adult content: You may not post media that is excessively gory or share violent or adult content within live video or in profile or header images. Media depicting sexual violence and/or assault is also not permitted.
Illegal or certain regulated goods or services: You may not use our service for any unlawful purpose or in furtherance of illegal activities. This includes selling, buying, or facilitating transactions in illegal goods or services, as well as certain types of regulated goods or services.
Private information: You may not publish or post other people's private information (such as home phone number and address) without their express authorization and permission. We also prohibit threatening to expose private information or incentivizing others to do so.
Non-consensual nudity: You may not post or share intimate photos or videos of someone that were produced or distributed without their consent.
Platform manipulation and spam: You may not use Bestnaija’s services in a manner intended to artificially amplify or suppress information or engage in behavior that manipulates or disrupts people’s experience on Bestnaija.
Election integrity: Bestnaija is apolitical! You may not use Bestnaija’s services for the purpose of manipulating or interfering in elections. This includes posting or sharing content that may suppress voter turnout or mislead people about when, where, or how to vote.
Impersonation: You may not impersonate individuals, groups, or organizations in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
Synthetic and manipulated media: You may not deceptively share synthetic or manipulated media that are likely to cause harm. In addition, we may flag posts containing synthetic and manipulated media to help people understand their authenticity and to provide additional context.
Copyright and trademark: You may not violate others’ intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.